Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Holy Cow

okay...so today my goal was to get into my nearly not able to get into studio....and start organizing it....for the one hundred millionth time...and if you think i am exaggerating......you are WRONG....it was truly impassable...and if you know me..i am organizedly challenged...so, as i said...for the one hundred millionth ...and a HALF times...i started in there...NOW, you must know...as a christian and lover of Jesus...i cannot take on huge challenges without God's help...soooooooooooo....for the one hundred and millionth and a half time...i started by asking the Lord to give me direction..where to start...endurance..patience and DIRECTION...and as always before (you know how many times).....HE directs me to start with ONE AREA...ONE SMALL TASK...and ONE STEP at a time....so i DID!.................WELL...i found a few things that have virtually been stored and untouched for well over 6-8 years...(sad, i know).......one of them was my box of dolls that i made so many moons ago...i had a wonderful doll business...(i will have to show you my PRESS coverage another day :) ).......that business basically kept my kids in Christian school...and also basically KILLED me...tho i loved it and loved the little characters that were born out of it............soooooooooooooo....i decided to pull out a few of my faves and give them a photo shoot for you.............here they are...my babies...born in my mind...drawn on paper...put into patterns...and sewed up...and hand painted by...well, you know...by yours truly....








...and then...i found THESE!!....now don't be alarmed...the picture looks almost...well...nazi-ish...but here is a pile of unfinished babies...their faces got painted and they have been naked and undone (huh....i must say...i kind of have that in common with them..that is how I FEEL...naked and undone..)  for many years!...BUT...i have great plans for this little pile...and it will include YOU...cuz i am going to offer them up for sale...just not sure WHEN that is gonna get done...and yes..i know...hey...i hear you...i know what you are thinking...yeah...they'll get done when...**** freezes...well, my friend...i hope to prove you wrong...i am just getting fired up!







and the OTHER pile of stuff i found that i have NO IDEA  WHY or WHEN i bought them is this:


good grief Charlie Brown...they are plastic water holder thingies...i have a TON of them...what to do...oh what to do with them........i just KNOW something wonderful could be done...and i smell a contest coming on....so hold on peeps...HOLD ON!!...and when there is a contest...there is a PRIZE...and the prize just might include one of those little naked dolls!!!....


1 comment:

  1. Oh Sandi! I am just getting caught up with all your recent posts! ...you have so many great pictures and postings! I am so happy that you are blogging so faithfully! Boy, do these dolls take me back!!!! Oh my goodness....I HEART them still!!! Take care of YOU! Love you!

    ReplyDelete